Noise is one of the most pervasive pollutants today.
Noise from road traffic, airplanes, construction works creates the audible
litter that is routinely transmitted through the air.
- Excessive noise levels affect mental concentration, becoming an obstacle to normal activity. At extreme levels, they generate pain and loss of
- Noise disturbs the sleep, reducing vitality and concentration
- It creates stress, inducing hormonal change and increasing the production
- of cortisol and adrenalin
- It leads to nervous, digestive and cardiovascular diseases
- It reduces the hearing
A study conducted in Berlin has shown that the risk of heart failure is increased by 30% for people living in noisy streets. (Quelle: UBA, Pressemitteilung 19/2004)